CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Feliz Primavera! 09.22.2008 (Email)

Hola mi familia!

Como estan? I hope all is well at home. Yesterday was the first official day of spring. We have had some great weather. Very fun!

I have some bad news… I just spent the last hour or so at another internet cafĂ©, trying to get the computer to work. I wrote a good long letter, and it´s gone… and I couldn´t send anything for that matter. So I´m afraid this may be fairly short.

AK and Lisa, I got your letters through Dear Elder last week! Thank you so much! I love hearing all about your lives. Nyah and Hallie. Work. Tests. All of it.

Stake Conference was yesterday right? How did it go? Mom, the choir. And Dad, all your talks! I´m sure you did a wonderful job. I always love hearing your talks.

Things here are going well. Here´s a good story… Tuesday Hermana Celis and I were knocking (clapping) in the neighbourhood close to a member´s house. We met Analia and Elva. It is Analia´s house, but Elva is a friend and neighbour. They invited us in to teach the Restoration. It was really good. In know that they felt the Spirit.

We went back on Thursday and taught Analia and her daughter, (8 years old) Agustina. She also has two sons (ages 10 and 12) that live there. We taught the Plan of Salvation, and she shared some experiences with us – about her life. They accepted a baptismal date for October 18th! It was such a neat experience. And then they came to church on Sunday! Yay! It just humbles me to think about how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ really are preparing people to hear the Gospel – the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We´re going to really continue to work with them. I´m excited for them, and their willingness to learn and change.

Aaron, Shari and Orrin, how are you doing?

Ryan, I can´t believe you´re making a swing set for Nyah! Wow, what a project! I´m sure that you´re going to do a great job.

Hermana Celis is doing well. I feel like I´m catching more and more Spanish still every day. Yesterday we ate lunch with the family of Gabriela and Adrian, and I was reflecting on the first day that I met them, just a day or two after I got here. I understood hardly anything! Although I still have a very long ways to go, I´m very grateful to Heavenly Father for how much I have progressed.

Scriptures that I came across and really enjoy: Alma 22: 14 , Alma 31:5. Also Words of Mormon and how Mormon is talking about why he has written the scriptures, and the hopes that he has for the Book of Mormon.

I´m so sorry this isn´t as long as normal. I hope all is well at home. The church is true!

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

0 comments: