CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Seis semanas más en Plottier!‏ (Email) and foto 12.01.2008

Family,

Hola! How are you? I hope you´re all doing great. I´m afraid this is going to be a little shorter than usual because it took quite a while for the one picture to load up. Hopefully you got it okay. :D

So, how was Thanksgiving? I hope it was wonderful.

Lisa, in answer to your question, I just got your letter through dear elder today that you sent on November 16. AK, I got yours today that you sent on November 12. So there you have it!

AK, congrats on your promotion! You definitely deserve it. Nope, I´ve never read the Hobbit. Maybe one day. It is a classic! Also, I got your package! I have a confession... I wasn´t sure if it was for Christmas, and opened it, but then the first thing I picked up said ¨Feliz Navidad¨so I hurried and closed it! It´s waiting for Christmas now. :D Sorry!

Also, there is no debit card to be found. So could you send another one? I did get the soccer pictures you sent though! Gracias!

So, transfers are today, and I´m staying in Plottier for six more weeks! I´m excited that I´ll get to spend Christmas here. It will be good. I can´t believe that I´ll be in my first area for 6 months! I´m great with it though.

So, actual Thanksgiving was good! It was actually really funny because we ALWAYS have lunch with members, but we didn´t end up having lunch on Thursday so we ate in the apartment. I wasn´t really hungry so I decided to eat a banana and yogurt for lunch. I decided it was really ironic that that was what I was eating for ¨Thanksgiving¨ so I decided to take a picture. hahaha. Good times.

However, Friday we had district meeting, and since 4 of the 6 of us are from the US, we celebrated Thanksgiving! It turns out that Turkey is really expensive here so we had Chicken instead. But we had mashed potatoes and GRAVY! it was so good. It had been way to long since I had eaten gravy, and the first time that Hermana Riquelme or Elder Arana had eaten it. Very good. :o)

So, the baptism was wonderful! Alicia and Hector were both baptized on Saturday. Dad, in response to your question, the bishop has actually asked that we always have priests from the ward baptize. Julio Beltran (17 yrs old) baptized Yennifer, and this week Fernando and Lautero (17 and 16 yrs old) Acuña baptized Hector and Alicia. It was the first time that Fernando and Lautero had baptized, and I think they both had a good experience.

Our building isn´t the stake building, but that´s where the baptisms are. Nice and close. The building the investigators are used to.

Hector was an ¨investigator¨missionary, and now is a member missionary! He really let his kids know that he wanted them at his baptism! His daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 of his granddaughters were all there. It was great.

Alicia is doing really well. She is completely involved in the ward and the activities. Her daughter is a member of the other ward in our building so she is very excited that her mom was just baptized. It was neat to see.

How great that Marcia and Eldon are going on a mission to Oregon - and that they speak his language and eat his food! That´s great.

Lisa, I laughed at your story of Hallie and church. I´m going to try to give Andrea all the advice that you all sent. I just need to figure out how to say it all in Spanish!

One thing that´s funny is that every once in a while people ask me to talk to them in English. It´s great. I remember asking Michaela Stegeby to say things in Swedish, and now I have to try to think of something to say in English! It´s funny to be on the other end of it for a while.

Oh, I don´t know Becky´s email address for sure right now. I think I have it in my apartment... It could be beck-12@hotmail.com but I´m not sure.

Scriptures I really enjoyed this week were in Alma 37, Alma 39:10. And also Proverbs 16:20.

Also, we had light and water on and off this week. I don´t really understand why.... but that´s how it was. Anyway, one night we were planning for the next day and the lights went out! So we lighted some candles, planned, and then didn´t really know what to do with ourselves for the next little while before 10:30!! Anyway, this morning I read John 8:12 and it made me think.

I´m not sure when you´ll all get Christmas because of my debit card situation. Hum... sorry!

So, I love you all. Thanks so much for your love and suppport. I´ll write again next week! Oh also, good news! I got some stamps! Hopefully in 2-3 weeks you´ll get some mail again. :)

I Love you!
Hermana Jana Banana Pincock

Well, heres one picture. It should be of the baptism this last week. It took forever to load, so Im going to just send one. I think I'll print hard copies somewhere and send those. It stresses me out to wait for them to load here! Okay. Love you all!

0 comments: