CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 10, 2009

Hola! 08.10.2009 (Email)

My Family,

Hola! How are you all doing? I hope that you´re doing really well. First off, Shari, I hope everthing went great with your ten year reunion. I´m sure that it did. Ten years already. How crazy is that! When are you going to be moving into your new house?

It sends like things at home are going well. When does the big hike take place? And where are you going? I don´t remember if someone already told me, but I don´t remember if you did. How long is the hike going to be? It makes me think of the time that we snow-shoed into the yurt a while back. Good times, but a lot of work! I´m sure that you will all do great with it. It should definitely be an adventure though. :D

Well, things here are going well. Hna. Porter and I will be here for atleast another transfer! We have hopes that it´ll be two more transfers, but we really have no idea. Time will tell.

Yesterday at church, we had five investigators. Yay! Eduardo, Mariahelem, Nelida, Mario and Mariana. Ester and Belen didn´t go. :o( We actually don´t know what happened.

Yesterday in the morning we walked about everywhere to the people´s houses. Okay, not everywhere, but like five houses. We hoped that more would be able to go, but five is pretty good. Eduardo, Mariahelem, Nelida, Mario, Ester and Belen all live together. They are like two houses that are connected. Ester and Belen live on the other side. So Sunday morning we went, talked to Mariahelem and she said that they were all awake and everything, so Hna. Porter and I ran to catch the bus. But then they didn´t come. And they had all left somewhere when we went over after church. So we´ll have to see what happened.

However, they continue to be reading and praying so that´s great. I´m starting to recognize more how big of a change living the Gospel is for them. We really are a ¨peculiar¨people as members of the church. But they can do it.

Some funny things from this week... Hna. Porter was walking last week, and she had not put socks on underneath her boots. She soon discovered that it was very painful, so we stopped to see what we could do. The only conclusion that she could find, was to walk with her boot half way on, and half way off until we could get to our apt. Pretty funny.

Also, do you all remember Sebastian and Cecilia? We had started teaching them a while back. We ran into Cecilia in town the other day, and we said we had passed by, but they weren´t there or something. She explained that her doorbell was broken, so probably hadn´t heard us. So we set an appt. and told her to listen for us. (She lives like behind another house) so we were just clapping. So anyway, we got to her house and the dog doesn´t bark at us anymore because it recognizes us. We clapped, and clapped, and clapped, and nothing. Nobody came. What to do? Hna. Porter decided to try to get the dog to bark, so started barking at the dog! Pretty funny. It made me giggle. But to no avail. The dog didn´t do anything. So we just left a note... :D

Also, we normally stop people to do contacts. But we started talking to this lady, and she said she could talk if we could walk fast... she had to get to the bank before it closed. So it was interesting. We were walking very quickly, all the while explaining the restoration and that we have prophets again today. We walked several blocks, amid lots of people, and lots of cars, but we were actually pretty happy with the contact. It was good. Good times.

Lets see, what else... oh, we finally had ward council again this week. All July the meetings had been canceled as a result of the pig flu. But we´re back, and it was really good. The Bishop told us in ward council that he had received a phone call from a member in another ward, named Eduardo. His uncle had been really sick in the hospital. The uncle, had previously wanted nothing to do with the church. But when Eduardo offered to give him a health blessing, his uncle consented. He immediately started to get better, and so he called Eduardo and said that he believes that this is the true church of Jesus Christ, and that he wants to read and learn more. So it turns out, that he lives in our area! We called him, he´s now out of the hospital, and we´ll be visiting him this week. We´re being very blessed with miracles here.

Nelida said that she wants to continue to learn, but she´s not sure about baptism yet. We assured her that she needs to keep learning, and she´ll come to realize that she needs a baptism in the church of Jesus Christ. I really like teaching her, because she seems to FEEL. She may not understand every detail of what we´re teaching yet, but that´ll come with time. She´s great.

Oh, last Monday we went to a chocolate factore called ¨Mamushka¨and it´s pretty delicious. But pretty expensive as well. Also, I was talking to Hna. Porter, and I think we´re going to go ¨souvenir¨shopping this next week. But it sounds like you already put money in my account so I should be just fine. I guess it depends on if I should be buying souvenirs for everyone, or just a couple, or what you all think. Let me know.

Well, I think that about sums it up for me and what´s happening here. I know that the church is true. I love going to church, and learning more about my Heavenly Father, and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that They live. I know that They guide this church through their prophet, Thomas Monson. How blessed we are.

I love you!

Love Always,
Hermana Jana Pincock

0 comments: