CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Hola! 11.03.2008 (Email and Fotos)



Hola everyone! How are you doing? I love the picture of Hallie on Halloween. She´s so cute, and she´s so big! Wow! Very fun. I´m afraid they don´t celebrate Halloween here much... too bad. :D The kids are missing out on all the chocolate!

Oh, I have a request. Next time someone sends a letter, it´s not a big deal at all, will you send a picture or two of me playing soccer? I need evidence that I played. :D

So how are you all doing? I hope you got the pictures all right. This letter might be a little shorter than usual because it took some time to get the pictures sent. Also, I ran out of stamps a few weeks back, so when you don´t get mail from me, that´s why. Stamps are on the way though, so hopefully you´ll get the letters before too long. I´ll plan more in advance next time... :(

Shari and Orrin, I never said thanks for the money for new tennis shoes! Thank you thank you! I´ll let you know all about them when I get them.

Things here are going well! We had zone conference this last Monday and it went well. I have a new district leader - Elder Arana from Peru. He´s very nice. :D It´s fun to see a different way of doing things as well.

Mom, since you mentioned flossing, I have done much better this week! I´ll work on improving more, because I do want to keep my teeth.

The mosquitos are here! AK, I thought of you on your mission because if I recall, your apartment didn´t have windows. I´m grateful that I can walk into my apartment and escape from the mosquitos. It´s a luxury that you didn´t have! Good times. It makes me feel like a real missionary to have mosquitos around. haha.

Well, we changed Yenni´s baptismal date to the 14th, because we definitely feel like it´s more important that she has a testimony and understands everything, than that it´s done quickly. Hopefully we´ll be able to teach everything this week so that she can have her baptismal interview on Sunday and then be good to go for Friday the 14th. Usually baptisms are on Saturday, but there´s an enrichment activity in Neuquen that day.

Hermana Riquelme was talking to Yennifer about the importance of having a testimony of the Gospel before being baptized. She asked, ¨If someone walks up to you, says a thing or two about the church - for example Joseph Smith wasn´t a prophet or similar things - are you really going to be able to testify to them that the church is true? Do you have that conviction in your heart?¨ It really made me think. I hope that every convert to the church can have this conviction so that when trials come, they can withstand them.

Another story: We´re really trying to talk to people when we´re on the bus. It´s kind of hard, but we´re working on it. So the other day we were on the bus, and Hermana Riquelme started talking to an older man (70´s??) ,named Hector, whom she was sitting next to. He said he wants to be baptized in a church, and she hurried and gave him a pamphlet before he got off the bus. Later the same day we saw him again, and he said he really liked what he read, and that he wanted to know what he needed to do to be baptized! So we invited him to church. Sunday morning we got there, and he was waiting for us outside! Wow. He said he really enjoyed the meeting, and he wants us to come over and teach him so he can be baptized. Wow, quite the miracle huh? We´re excited to go and teach him and see what happens.

Remember Alicia Astente - the lady that I taught one day with Paula Beltran? We were passing be her house yesterday, and we talked to her Mom, Ursula. We haven´t been able to talk to Alicia since. But Ursula is very sincere, and she had a lot of questions about baptism. It was a neat lesson, and she said if she receives the answer from Heavenly Father that the church is true, she´ll prepare for her baptism the 29th of November.

Andres and Andrea are doing well. The biggest struggle I think for them is to go to church with Omar and Carla because they aren´t as reverent as they would like. It´s a struggle in all the church, but unfortunately they don´t see that because there aren´t a lot of kids their age in the ward. We´re working on helping them. How hard! Mom, Ak, Lisa... anyone... have any advice?

Dad, the story you always tell about faith. The man on the edge of the mountain that is holding onto a branch. Can you write that down and send it to me? I don´t remember the details and I would love to learn it in spanish to teach people. Gracias!

AK, thanks for the reasons of why you go to church. It helps.

Mom and Dad, thanks for your answers about how missionaries gain your trust. I do try to be punctual and responsible. I hope the members know we´re trying our best. The mission has helped me to realize that no one is perfect. That´s why we can´t judge.

Mom, thanks for your thought about the dinner appoinment and the missionaries talking. I´m afraid I have been very guilty of being the quiet missionary, mainly out of insecurity. However, I know a lot more spanish now, and I really don´t have an excuse. I have tried very hard to talk more during lunch this week. It hit me pretty hard what you said, and I know if I follow your advice that I will be a better missionary and instrument in the Lord´s hands. If ever you doubt whether or not you are inspired, remember that I needed what you wrote. Thank you!

Well, I need to go. I love you all very very much. The church is true, and Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. How blessed we are!

Love Forever,
Hermana Jana Banana Pincock
Okay, the first one is when our zone (most of the zone) went to the river. And the second one is Hermana Riquelme and I at the river. I might try to send more, but it takes a while for them to load. We´ll see...

0 comments: