CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I actually can´t remember all your email addresses off the top of my head, so I´m hoping for this week mom and dad will just keep sending this off to everyone. Gracias!

So things here are going well. Oh, I started talking in to the digital recorder during part of my exercises this morning. Kind of fun. I think I should plan ahead better what I´m going to say so I have something fun or inspiring to say. :D

Well, I had a cold this last week, but I´m pretty well over it now. I just have a runny nose. Unfortunately, I was kind enough to give my cold to Hna. Hedquist. :o( She is doing well, but her health is giving her a hard time. Her stomach bothers her alot with all the new food. I don´t know how I got so lucky that the food never bothered me. Now she has a cold with a headache. I told her that she should sleep today, so hopefully she´ll sleep and let me clean the apartment, etc...

She´s 24, but she´s turning 25 next Monday. :D

She´s doing well with spanish. I never know how much she understands exactly but I think she understands the basic stuff. I think she understands much more than I did when I got here. She had taken a college class of spanish, but that´s it. It´s interesting because I think we´re pretty similar. I think we have pretty similar learning strategies / abilities, so I feel like I understand pretty well what she´s going through. It´s kind of tricky to speak spanish all the time when she knows I can understand english. :D But it´s much better in the long run.

Well, I glanced through my emails, and I must admit it was fun to see emails from siblings as well. Muchas gracias.

Well, the investigators... They´re doing well. We´re not getting them to go to church like we would like. We can improve a lot. We visited Sergio and Patricia yesterday with a member - Gabriela Acosta. It went well. Sergio had a lot of questions, and we talked about prayer and the scriptures. Patricia is pretty content in her religion and as for now doesn´t have intentions of changing anything, but she is reading the Book of Mormon. I have great faith in the power of the Book of Mormon, and that if she reads with real intent, that the Holy Ghost can touch her heart and help her understand. It´s going to be tricky to meet with them because of work schedules, so we´ll have to meet with them only Saturdays and Sundays I believe. And call in between. Yes, we can call investigators at night, but we only have limited minutes.

Fernanda is doing well. We had talked with Fernanda and Fernando (kind of funny that their names are so similar). They had said that they were going to go to FHE last Saturday, but didn´t come, and didn´t go on Sunday either. So we didn´t know what had happened. Then when we went there throughout the week no one was there. We didn´t know if no one really was there, or if they didn´t answer the door. So we were concerned. But Saturday we finally talked to Fernanda and we had a good lesson. We talked to her about the importance of reading the B of M and praying to know if it´s true. They didn´t go to church. :o( However, we have an appt. with all of them Tuesday. Fernando is finishing up with work Tuesday ( the fruit season is ending) so the whole family should be there. :D

Cecilia and Antonela are doing well. They had expressed their doubts about baptism, and how they need to feel more sure. We met with them Thursday I believe, we talked about the Fall of Adam and Eve, and the need for Jesus Christ. That without following Him, and receiving forgiveness through repentance, that they can´t return to live with Him and Heavenly Father.

Then, we met with them yesterday and watched ¨Finding Faith in Christ¨. We talked about the B of M and how it testifies of Jesus Christ. The purpose of prophets and the Book of Mormon, is to teach and testify of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ - the true doctrine of Jesus Christ that hasn´t been changed by men. Cecilia is reading the B of M so if they do their part, they´ll receive an answer.

I´m learning more and more everyday that the 2nd half of faith is action. We are quick to say that we believe in Jesus Christ, but it´s the 2nd part, doing what He asks us to do, that is hard. We need to act, and show our faith. We need to show that we trust Him.

Oh, I read an article in the ensign this last week called ¨The Functional Family¨from Feb. 2009 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I suggest it.

Oh, another story. Remember Carla, a former investigator, that reminds me of Becky Stubbs (Houston) ??? Well, we had passed by one day, and she told us that she had some family problems, and that she wasn´t ready to start going to a church. We could tell that something had happened recently if not that day, and that she was upset, but we couldn´t do much more. So we gave her her space. I must admit, that it pretty much broke my heart that day. So last night we were in her neighborhood, and we decided to pass by. She let us in, and it went well. We talked about trials, family, and how Jesus Christ can help. He´s really the only one that can help with everything. We asked if she would like us to come by again, and she said for us to pass by another day. :D A tender mercy. She and her family are prepared for the Gospel. We just need to help them realize it.

We need to find new investigators as well. It´ll be good. I believe we´re going to start trying in another neighborhood here pretty quick.

It´s definitely cooling down here. Fall is here! Yay!

So last Monday Hna. Hedquist and I played soccer with Elder Argueta and Elder Jensen. I thoroughly enoyed it. Good times. I saw that there was a hole in the grass so I put my sweater over it. Unfortunately, I wasn´t paying attention for a second, and stepped in the hole! My ankle bothered me for like a day and a half, but it´s as good as new now. :D So I pretty much have banned myself from playing much soccer for the rest of the mission. What can I say?

We had zone conference on Wednesday. Very good.

Well, the church is true. Thanks for everything. I love learning and studying the Gospel. It´s amazing how you can never finish learning. We as a mission have been studying revelation this past week, and I´m thoroughly enjoying it. Always fun.

Thanks for everything. I love you all. Choose the right. Be of good cheer. Make it a good day.

Love always and forever,
Hermana Jana Banana Pincock

Hna. Hedquist´s address:
1574 South 2650
West Syracuse, UT 84075

Phone:801 773 7585

0 comments: