CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Hola! Happy Easter! 04.13.2009 (Email)

Hola! How are you all doing? I´m doing well here in Allen. And so is my companion. :D So I made it to Neuquen just fine Wednesday morning, and we had a meeting first with just all of the new trainers. The newly-arrived missionaries were out getting paper work done. It was a really good meeting. Pres. Cook talked about the responsibility that we have as trainers to teach them how the mission should be. He talked about all the prayers that have been offered by the parents of the new missionaries, that their child would have a good trainer. It really made me think about the responsibility, and I pray that I´ll be able to teach and help her in a way that would be pleasing to Heavenly Father and to Jesus Christ.

So then we had a meeting where they announced who was companions with who. My companion is Hna. Hedquist, from Syracuse Utah. She is the oldest of six kids. She graduated in elementary education, and taught 4th grade for two years. And now she´s here in Argentina with me!

I feel very lucky to be her companion. She has a strong testimony, a strong desire to learn spanish, and a strong desire to find people and teach them the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

As I see her, and listen to her, I seem to see and hear myself eight months ago. I had forgotten a little bit of the ¨shock¨that I had as I got here to Argentina. It really is a different way of life here. Think of the new missionary life, a new culture with different food, a new compaion, and especially a new language, and there are some good adjustments to be made in the first little while. But, she´s doing great, and I have no doubt that she´ll be all used to it in no time. I think she already understands more spanish than I did when I got here, so that definitely helps. And we have a great ward with supportive and loving ward members. So that helps.

So things here are going well. It was weird not to be in my area for a couple days this week. But we worked when we got here. We couldn´t meet with Cecilia and Antonela the whole week because they went to Neuquen for ¨La Semana Santa¨. They don´t work here Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - remembering the last week of Christ´s life in mortality. So anyway, we couldn´t meet with them. We were able to talk to them on the phone last night, and they have some concerns. I think it makes them nervous to make commitments, so they don´t know what to think. So we´re going to pray for them, and then pray that our next lesson goes well. I hope they recognize that they need the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives.

Did I tell you about Fernanda? We had taught Fernanda and her four daughters. Well, Yennifer is her step-daughter. We went to her house on Friday, and since her husband wasn´t working, he was there too! We talked a little bit about prophets, and then watched ¨The Restoration¨. The Spirit was definitely there. We stopped by on Saturday and invited them to FHE that night and church again, but they weren´t able to make it to either of them. :o( We pray that they´ll pray, and read the Book of Mormon.

It really is hard for people to start going to church. It´s an adjustment. But it´s so important! I was reading about faith this morning in James 1-3 and faith and works really do go together. It´s not enough to just say that you believe and trust in Jesus Christ. You have to act. It goes for me as well. I recognize that there are a lot of things I can, and need to change -act- in order to be a better missionary.

Do you remember Patricia and Sergio from a while back? We met them when I was with Hna. Wilches. We taught The Restoration, and then stopped by another day with a member. The next time we stopped by they said they weren´t ready to make any changes, and that if they wanted anything, they´d go to church. So anyway, the other day we were in their neighborhood, and the thought came to my mind that we should pass by. But I thought to myself, ¨No, they don´t have any more interest¨. But the thought came again, so we went to their house. It was interesting, because Sergio´s mom had passed away a couple of days before, so we talked a little bit about the life after death. And they said we could pass by again. :D So we stopped by yesterday, and Patricia was the only one there. She said that she has been reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible - comparing them. She had some really good questions, and said that we can go back this week. :D It has been a miracle so far.

So Lisa and Jordan, I got the Digital Recorder that you sent! Gracias! It was fun to hear from all of you and to hear your voices. Now Hna. Hedquist knows you a little bit as well. I finished listening to it this morning. I´ll start talking on it sometime today I think.

So something interesting happened as I was in the meeting with all the new missionaries. President Cook said that we can write to our brothers and sisters through email, and that they can write us. Brothers and sisters, and parents. Nobody else. I was a little surprised. So if my brother and sisters prefer, they can email now, instead of write letters. :D I guess it was a little trial of our faith before. :o)

Can I have Uncle Richard and Aunt Becky´s home address? Thanks.

I could hardly believe how much Nyah and Hallie are talking now days when I heard the ¨tape¨. Smart little girls. I´m glad that you´re all doing so well.

Well, I have a testimony that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I was so grateful yesterday to be able to reflect on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He really did suffer for each one of us - individually. He knows exactly how we feel. He suffered and died on the cross, and then He was resurrected the third day. I know that He lives, and that He guides us. He is always at our side, ready to help us. Every minute of every day. We just have to knock on the door and ask. How blessed we are!

I love you all. You´re always in my prayers. Thanks for your love and your prayers in my behalf. I always appreciate it. I love you!

Love Always,
Hermana Jana Banana Pincock

0 comments: