CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Hola! 09.07.2009 (Email)

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I am doing well. This keyboard has a couple of problems so I had to do a round about way of sending the emails. So I didnt send to gatepoc or to Aaron. But its okay, you can send the email to everyone right? And it looks like I have really bad puncuation, but what can you do?

Well, Mom and Dad, travel safe to Boise, and Shari, I hope that your surgery goes well! Im sure that it will. Prayers and the Priesthood are very powerful.

Things here are going well. First off, good news! We had several people in church yesterday! Yay! Mariana, Ester, Belen, Eduardo, Mariahelen, Pablo and his son Matius, Ashelen, and a 16 yr old boy named Facundo, who we actually met yesterday. He is a friend of a member. Church was a miracle yesterday.

Okay, more details of whats happening. Mariana is the 16 yr old who had a baptismal date for September 12th. She has been sick, so we havent been able to teach her much lately. So we had to push her baptismal date back. And we talked to the Bishop, and he wants to do the baptisms right after church on Sunday, so she will be baptized on September 20th.

Ester, Belen, and Nelida still have their baptismal dates for September 27th. (Now the 27th because it will be Sunday instead of Saturday). Nelida needs to change a couple of things, but we want to help her reach her goal to be baptized.

Ester is doing really well. She even fasted this week! She actually reminds me a lot of Hna. Riquelme. Kind of funny I know. Last night when we were with them we had them teach us the Plan of Salvation, and they did really well! It makes me happy because I feel like they are really learning. Ester has a huge fascination with learning about our souls (or spirits) and what we should do to strengthen them. I think its great.

Do you remember Cecilia and Sebastian? We had taught them a little bit at the beginning of our time here in Bariloche. Anyway, I felt bad before because I didnt feel like we had been able to really teach a good lesson about the Restoration. Or atleast everything about the Restoration. We were finally able to teach her this last week. I dont know that shes really interested in acting, or really knowing if its true, but I atleast feel at peace now that she has had a good opportunity to accept it. She felt the Spirit. And now its up to her.

We had a great zone conference this week as well. Maybe I will try to send a picture of it here in a couple of minutes. Anyway, we talked about the doctrine of Christ, and if we really understand it. So what is the doctrine of Christ? It is all over in the Book of Mormon. Its the Gospel of Jesus Christ - faith, repentance, baptism by immersion, the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, and enduring to the end. If we really understand this, and that these are real requirements, our eagerness to share the Gospel would be different. We talked about the people who really understand (get it) the doctrine of Christ. We talked about Nephi, John the Baptist, President Monson, and most importantly, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And then the real question is... Do we understand? And if so, how can we show it? It really made me think.

The time here is passing so quickly. We are already starting the 5th week of this transfer. Crazy.

Well, I think this is pretty much what is happening here. I hope that you are all doing well. The Church is true. Jesus Christ lives, as does our loving Father in Heaven. They love us, and I love them. The Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price contain the word of God. We have to hang onto them, and their teachings, with all of our might. If we do so we will find that we are happy, and we will one day find ourselves in the Celestial Kingdom. I love you all, and look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Love Always,
Hermana Jana Banana Pincock

0 comments: