CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Hola Mi Familia! 10.20.2008 (Email)

Hola! Well, I´m writing a little earlier today because today´s going to be a little different. I´m not sure how much I´ll be able to write right now, but I should be able to write more later.

So here´s the scoop: Hermana Celis is headed to El Bolson! It´s about eight hours south east, towards the mountains. And, she´s going to be companions with Hermana Schafer - my companion from the MTC! Pretty fun!

My new companion is going to be Hermana Riquelme. She arrived in the mission with Hermana Celis - they were in the MTC together. She is also from Santiago Chile. Funny huh? I guess I´m meant to be with a Chilena! Hermana Celis said that she´s a convert of about two years. Pretty neat. That´s about all I know about her right now.

Hermana Celis is leaving from the Bus Terminal at 11:00, and then I´m going to spend the day and night with the Hermanas from Progreso (Neuquen). Then Hermana Riquelme gets here Tuesday morning, and we´ll head back to Plottier!

Alright, my address that Dad asked for:
38 Buratovich
Plottier Argentina
And the zip code is 8316

I´m not sure how the address thing works. I don´t know if I can get mail in my apartment. But there it is!

Mom, I do have a pocket size spanish hymn book. It´s one of the things they gave us in the MTC.

So here´s a story... I went to get money off of my personal credit card, and surprise! My credit card is expired! I´m not sure why I didn´t think of that sooner, but what can you do. I´m not sure if you can just send me a new one, or what... Can you let me know? Thank you!

Yes, I do see kids out playing soccer. I think there are more now that it is warmer, but there have been people playing soccer in the streets and parks since I got here! Cold or not right? I love it because about all the parks here have a soccer field. Good times.

It turns out that soccer isn´t really a female sport here. When people hear that I played soccer before (was on teams that were in tournaments, etc...) they are always surprised! Bueno, one because I may not look like a soccer player :D, and second, there just aren´t girls teams here!

One of the recent converts in the ward, Liliana, has actually just recently started getting together with about 10 other girls to play on Monday afternoon. I would love to play one day with them.

Last Monday we did end up going to the river in Senillosa. So fun! It was weird to be in normal clothes, but very fun. We played soccer, volleyball, ate a barbecue, threw a frisbee - about all the missionaries from our zone. Playing soccer while wearing a missionary plaque. Does life get much better? ;D It was funny because I juggled the soccer ball a little bit, and some of the Elders were surprised. Especially the Elders who aren´t north american. It makes me laugh. Haha

We had a ward talent show that I feel like was very successful! I played the piano - the song that you sent me. I was nervous, but I think it went pretty well. You can just do your best right? President Cook gave Hermana Celis permission to dance a Chilena Folklore dance and she did very well. We had pretty good participation, and we had a good show! Quite a few from the ward, and we had some stake support as well. We had it so people could invite investigators, and so the ward in general could be more united. They hadn´t had an activity in quite some time from what I hear. Anyway, the great thing about the activity, is that there were 6 investigators there! Yay! Estela, Noelia and Tatiana Montiel (Family of Gabriela and Adrian). Yennifer (daughter of Rita), Elva, and Andres. Que Bueno!

Alright, well I need to go for now. I love you all. I´m going to try to write later. Thanks for everything!

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Banana Pincock

0 comments: