CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 20, 2009

:0)

Hola Mi Familia! ¿Cómo están? Espero que estén bien. Well, lots has happened this week! First off, last Monday, I believe I said we were going to go to a mountain. So we went to Cerro Campanario, and it was BEAUTIFUL. We rode up on a chair lift (like we were skiing), and it is beautiful up there. I actually have pictures, and I´ll send them very soon. But anyway, that was fun.

Then Monday night HermanasTejerina (from Salta Argentina) and Varela (from Cordoba Argentina) got to our apt. I hurried and packed, and Hna. Varela and I headed to El Bolson together bright and early in the morning. Hna. Tejerina is actually training Hna. Varela, so it was fun to work with Hna. Varela. They were having a little bit of a hard time, so they needed to see new places and have different experiences for a day or two. But they´re good to go now! We worked Tuesday and Wednesday just like normal, and we were blessed to find some new investigators, etc... It was a good time. And Hna. Celis and Hna. Schafer (MTC Companion) had served there so it was fun to hear a couple of things about them. 

And, El Bolson is very pretty as well. A lot of very close up mountains. The city is basically just in a little hole between all the mountains. Fun.

Thursday Hna. Tejerina and Hna. Porter rode to El Bolson, and then Hna. Porter got on the next available bus to head back to Bariloche. So it was a good little trip. But talk about luxurious traveling! I´m not sure if we have these kinds of buses in the United States, but if so, I´m going to seriously consider forgetting driving, and I´m going to ride buses when I go long distances. They´re huge buses, and they´re two floors. The chairs are basically beds -- footstoles, pillows, blankets... very luxurious. 

So we got to work here in Bariloche on Thursday. Saturday we had a lesson with Eduardo, Mariahelem (Magdalena/Marilena... a little confusion with her name haha), Eduardo´s sister´s, Nelida and Ester, and Nelida´s boyfriend, Mario. We watched ¨Together Forever¨ and it was good. Eduardo´s mom passed away a while back, and it was good to watch it with them. So anyway, they assured us that they would all be in church the next day.

So Sunday, we had SIX investigators in church! It was so great! We had Eduardo, Marahelem, Nelida, Mario, Belen (another sister) and another girl, Mariana, who has family members that are church members. It was so great. They got there late, so we were getting worried that they wouldn´t make it for sacrament meeting, but they made it. :D And the Bishop came in for Gospel Principles so that was nice.

While I was gone, Hna. Porter and Hna. Tejerina, and a member, had a good lesson with Sebastian and Cecilia. They basically taught the Law of Chastity. It sounds like it went well. We haven´t had the chance to talk with them sense. So we´re hoping. :D

Lets see, what else? We had a good lesson with the Beltran family last night. We did ¨La Lista de los conocidos¨with them. It´s good that they´re thinking a little bit about sharing the Gospel.

Tomorrow we have zone conference, so I´ll get to meet my new mission president. That should be good.

Hna. Porter and I were talking the other day about how whenever we have a hard time, we always look forward to something good that´ll happen in the future. For example, we think, ¨things will be better in my next area¨. Or, ¨it´ll be easier with my next companion¨, etc... I was thinking about how I have done this my whole life, and ít´s not a good thing! I really want to learn to enjoy the moment, and just enjoy life. We should look forward to good things that´ll happen in the future, but be happy with what´s happening right now. 

Well, I think that´s about it for what´s happening here. Things are going well. I´m happy to be here and for everything that I´m learning. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He came, lived, died, and was resurrected, so we can live together forever as a happy family. Keep doing the little things!

Love Always,
Hermana Jana Banana Pincock

0 comments: