CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Hola! 07.06.2009 (Email)

Hola! Cómo están? Espero que todo esté bien. Todo está bien acá. First off, I read Dad´s adventure. I´m so glad you´re okay! It sounds like it was quite the experience, but that you had lots of good help. An answer to prayers.

Yep, I bought boots last week. They were pretty expensive, and I didn´t look around much because we didn´t have time. So I was actually feeling pretty guilty about it. But today we have been looking because Hna. Porter needs boots as well, and I´m feeling much better about my purchase. They seem to be really good, just expensive... But they´re good. So gracias!

Well, starting off with last week´s preparation day. Hna. Porter and I were cleaning our apt. and I was wiping off the water heater. As I was scrubbing (but not hard!) the little knob, it broke off, and water starting SPRAYING EVERYWHERE!!! So, not knowing how to turn the water off, we got the help of our landlord, who also didn´t know to turn it off, so she was trying to call people. Have in mind that water is still spraying everywhere and I was trying to plug it with my hands basically. VERY WET! So she finally got a hold of someone, and we found the correct knob to turn to stop the water. Very exciting. So the blessing is that we don´t have carpet, just tile, and we just mopped all the water ( a good amount of water) out the door. So it all worked out just fine, and I don´t think I´ll forget soon.

Lets see, what else... oh, Happy 4th of July to everyone! I haven´t read much of the emails, but it sounds like you had a good time. It´s a good holiday. We ate a little to celebrate. :D

Oh, so we´ve been hearing a good deal about ¨la gripe ¨A¨ ¨. I don´t remember if it´s the flu or the fever in english. Flu I think. Anyway, it turns out that it has arrived here from the US and Mexico. The city seems to be concerned, and they don´t want big groups of people gathering together. However, there is absolutely no reason to worry. Hna. Porter and I have great health, all the members are telling us what we should do to avoid getting it, and we have actually been instructed by our leaders that we shouldn´t shake hands with ahyone, or ¨da besos¨(kiss anyone on the cheek) for the next little while. What a hard habit to break! So anyway, if you hear anything, don´t worry. We´re great.

We found some good investigators this week so we´re excited about that. We got a couple of ward references as well so we´re excited to get a hold of them.

There is a couple that had been going to church with the elders before we got here, that needs to get married. We had their phone number but not their address. When we called, he didn´t know the address, and we couldn´t find the house. But good news! They went to church yesterday, so now we have a much better idea of where they live and we have an appt. to teach them. I´m impressed with them and really feel like they´re going to progress. They´re named Eduardo and Marilena.

The youth here in the ward are selling food, trying to raise money to go to the temple in October. I think it´s neat.

Oh, I think I read some questions about the area, and why we´re here now. So it turns out that a while back, a year or two ago, there were elders and sisters. The area was split in two. They took the sisters out of the area, and so the elders area just became much bigger. They had their area, and the sisters area. Because of different circumstances, and we´re not a 100% sure, they took the elders out, and put us sisters back in. And Hna. Porter and I get to do it! We´re still having a good time.

Oh, this is funny. Hna. Porter and I were talking about the personality test, where you find out if you´re red, yellow, white, or blue. I couldn´t remember very well. I remembered that I had a little of all, but almost no yellow. I guess I´m not very exciting. jaja The funny thing is, is that she´s almost completely yellow. So I think we´re a good match. :D

I played the piano yesterday in church. Very enjoyable.

We have our new mission president here! I think we have zone conference July 21 so I´ll meet him then I believe. I think it sounds fun if you want to hear Pres. and Hermana Cook speak. If you can make it there it sounds great. If not,it´s just fine. I´m sure they´ll both do a wonderful job.

We have a lot of rain here. I like it. Snow in the mountains, but nothing down below yet.

We continue to try to meet the members and to work with them. We have started doing the ¨lista de los conocidos¨where you write everyone down you can think of that hasn´t heard about the gospel, and so far it seems to be going pretty well. We did it with the Bishop and his family the other day. It went well.

Well, I think I´m going to go now. I love you all a ton, and you´re always in my prayers. I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. If we live His teachings, we find peace and happiness in this life, and this happiness and joy will never end. Even in the eternities. Obedience as well is so important. It protects and guides us. I love you!

Love always,
Hermana Jana Banana Pincock

0 comments: