CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Hola! :D

Hola mi familia! ¿Cómo están? Well, I read a little of the emails, and it sounds like the family reunion went well. I´m so glad that you´re all home safe. An answer to prayers. And, fun Mom and Dad that you went and listened to Hna. and Presidente Cook! They were amazing leaders of the mission and are amazing people. It made me giggle to read some of the things that they commented on. Raising pulpits, etc... It´s the truth! And fun that you met Hna. Bladh and Hna. Beus. I don´t know the other Hna. fun fun.

I´m impressed that you all wrote when it was so late. From cell phones even... :D Well, things here are going well. We were blessed to find more new investigators this week so that´s a huge blessing.

Eduardo and Marilena: They work a lot and it´s hard to find them. When they are home it´s pretty late and we are usually not in their area at night so it´s a little tricky. However, it was Argentina´s independence day on Thursday so we were able to have a lesson. But Eduardo had left. Aahh! However, we were able to teach Marilena, and two of Eduardo´s sisters - Anahi and Belen. A good lesson. And our neighbor went with us to the lesson. She served about the time Anna Karina did in Cordoba, here in Argentina. She´s great. Her name is Sulma.

Sulma is amazing. She´s always bringing us over food at night. Empanadas, hamburgers, etc... I want to be more like her. She just does it to be nice. The other night our calefactor (heater) turned off, and we didn´t know how to do it so she came over to help us out. And our landlord who´s also a member. So we have good help around.

Anyway, we also went over to Eduardo and Marilena´s house on Saturday to invite them to church again. Marilena wasn´t there and so we couldn´t teach a lesson ( just three males were there in the house) but we invited them to church. We thought we were all good to go but they didn´t make it to church yesterday. :o( Next week.

We also had a great lesson with Piera and Natalia, and Natalia´s boyfriend. Have I talked about them? They showed up to church the first week Hna. Porter and I went to church here. He´s a member, but in-active. They went to church hoping that the church, or north americans, might be able to help them get to the US because Piera´s son ( and Natalia´s brother) recently passed away and he lived there. Anyway, we taught the Plan of Salvation the week before. They live really far away (like 45 minutes walking) but we went and watched the movie ¨Together Forever¨ ( I think). It´s called ¨Juntos Para Siempre¨in Castellano. Anyway, it was perfect. They definitely felt the Spirit. The tears flowed for about everyone. It was actually the first time Hna. Porter had seen it as well. Afterwards Hna. Porter and I sang ¨I know that My Redeemer Lives¨ and the Spirit was so strong. We talked about Heavenly Father´s plan, and what THEY need to do. It was good. They weren´t able to make it to church either... but it´s okay! We´ll get them there next week.

So things continue to go well here. I´m still thoroughly enjoying being here with Hna. Porter. She´s amazing. I´m actually going on a little field-trip this week. There are sisters in El Bolson, another city not too far away. Our leaders called and said that I´ll be heading to Bolson for like 3 or 4 days to be with one of the sisters, and the other companion will be here with Hna. Porter. We´re not exactly sure about all of the details, but I hope we´ll be able to help out.

Today with our zone we´re headed to hike a hill/mountain so that should be fun. I don´t remember what it´s called, but it´s supposed to be one of the prettiest views in the world. So that should be nice. And the sun is shining and it´s not too cold. yay!

Lets see... what else? I have been reading the conference talks. Today I read the talk by President Eyring about adversity. It really makes me think. He talked about a man who served as a bishop and the influence that he had on the people. Particularly the youth. Pres. Eyring made a simple statement: ¨He loved them, and they knew it¨. I thought that was really profound. It´s something I would really like to work on. I need to develop and focus on my love for the people, and then show it. From my companion, to investigators, members, to contacts. Love and charity. So important.

Oh, yesterday I had to opportunity to speak in church. The bishop called and asked earlier in the week if I could speak. He said I could choose one of the attributes of Christ that´s in ¨Preach My Gospel¨. I chose faith. I think it went well. Dad, I read your story on faith. The one that the man is hanging onto a branch when he has fallen off the cliff. The people thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well, I hope everything is going well. I love you all very much. I know that the church is true. I know that we have trials to test our faith and make us stronger. But we can always overcome our trials as we hold onto the iron rod and have faith in Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ is my older brother, and if I follow His example, I´ll be happy. And I´ll help other people be happy as well.

Be happy, and as grandma would say, ¨Be of good cheer. Make it a happy day¨. I love you!

Love Always,
Hermana Jana Banana Pincock

0 comments: