CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 2, 2009

General Authorities and Transfers :D 11.02.2009 (Email)

Mi Familia! How are you! I hope that you´re doing wonderful. Well, first off, I know you´re all eager to hear about transfers, so... I´m staying here for a while! Here´s the scoop... Hna. Porter is going to Zapala, and she´ll be companions with Hna. Schafer (my MTC companion). Hna. Schafer´s companion is coming here to Bariloche to be my companion, and her name is Hna. Malekani I do believe. She´s tongan! Here´s the tricky part. There are a couple of sister missionaries there in the US, who are waiting for their visas/passports to go through. They should get here in 3 weeks - halfway through the transfer. Hna. Porter is going to train one of them, and Hna. Malekani the other. So what happens with Hna. Schafer and I you ask? :D We are going together, to an area close to Neuquén. I believe it´s called Limai, but I have no idea if that´s how you spell it. So I really don´t know exactly how it´s going to work. We´ll get there together and be there together for like 3 weeks, and then we´ll end the mission together. So I don´t know what´ll happen to the area. But it should be good. I´m curious. So there you have it. It should be an exciting six weeks with lots of changes. New companions, new areas, home... it should be good.


Lisa, Jordan and Hallie are going to Denver this weekend? Well, have fun and be safe!

Well, I must say, that I absolutely LOVED stake conference yesterday. First off, Hna. Matsumori got up and spoke, and she did wonderful. She had a lady translating for her, but luckily I speak english, and understood every word that came out of her mouth. :D She actually even ended by saying her testimony in spanish. I thought that was neat.

Then afterwards Hna. Beck got up to speak, and she had a translator by her side. She said a few words in spanish, and kept speaking! I had no idea that she speaks spanish! I thought it was great, and the members were excited about it. It turns out that she lived in Brazil when she was little for like 3-5 years or so as well. So she speaks english, spanish, and portuguese. She did really well.

She talked about how Argentina needs to send out more missionaries. There aren´t many. I loved it, because it really made me think. People learn so much on the mission, and the church needs strong Priesthood leaders here in Argentina. Argentina needs good strong families. It talked about the responsibility of parents to teach their kids, and prepare them to leave on the mission. I absolutely loved it.

Brother and Sister Bowen, the area president and his wife, were here as well. They did really well. And Pres. and Hna. Peterson spoke Saturday night in the adult session.

Then after the conference we had a special training. The people involved in Relief Society listened to Hna. Beck, and with the primary, Hna. Matsumori. We listened to Hna. Beck, and she taught us five principles of leadership. So good. So so good. Then afterwards Hna. Porter and I went up to meet her and give her a hug. A really great and amazing lady. I learned a lot from her during the conference, as well as from Hna. Matsumori.

So Hna. Porter actually leaves here at 12:50, so I´ll be with one member, Melisa Onnainty for part of the day, and then my neighbor, Hna. Zulma, is going to work with me tonight, and have a sleep over with me. :D Hna. Malekani gets here tomorrow at 5:00 in the morning. Bright and early! Transfers are always exciting, and I´m excited for Hna. Porter. She´s going to be a great trainer.

Jordan, I laughed out loud about ¨melky¨. So bad! Thanks for your advice about ending the mission. It´s good. Hna. Porter has been telling people I´m ending the mission for like 4 months now. jaja

So, about here in Bariloche. Eduardo and Maríahelem moved back into our area! Yay! So they went to conference yesterday, as well as Pamela and Angélica. I think they all seemed to enjoy it. I have no idea why Pablo didn´t go. We have an appt. with him tonight so we´ll see what he says.

We´re trying to work more with members. I have decided again that it´s not only good for the investigators, but for the members as well. It´s good to get some teaching experience for them, and the opportunity to share their testimonies and explain why they live the way they do.

There are no Halloween traditions here, but everyone knows about the Halloween tradition at home. We were going to have an activity, but it didn´t work out with the stake conference and everything. However, I do believe that a member is going to send a picture to the fam, that he took of Hna. Porter and I one day at lunch (our halloween celebration). I gave him AK´s email address because you speak spanish. So if you get some random email, it should be from Hno. Gonzalez. I hope that´s okay!

We were able to contact a couple of our new investigators from last week, and we found 12 new investigators this week! Yay! It´ll be good to get working with them a little bit.

Jordan, your question about Obama. Everyone here dislikes Pres. Bush, and is ecstatic about Obama. They all think that he´s great. That´s about all I´ve heard. Interesting huh?

Well, I think this is all for today. Pray for me to be able to teach my companion everything about Bariloche in 3 weeks so she can train. I´m excited, and I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. The family is SO important, and I am so grateful for my amazing family - you! Choose the right, be safe, and I´ll write again soon! I love you!

Love Always,
Hermana Jana Pincock
Jana dressed up for Halloween at a members home.

and one more...

0 comments: