CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

05.31.2008

Hola mi familia!

How are you doing? I have been thinking about all of you and have wondered how the rest of your week went. I hope all went well for everyone!

Well my p-day this week is on Saturday, but I believe it will be on Friday for the rest of my stay here at the M.T.C. Sorry that my letter was so short the other day, we had just a couple minutes to write them.

So I was thinking, and I think I wrote that one of my companions name is Hermana Schultz. It's Hermana Schafer! My other companion is Hermana Schwab. I don't know what happened to the sister who was supposed to be my companion, but it has been good to get to know Hermanas Schafer & Schwab.

I am really enjoying my district. Us three and six elders, are in all the same classes together. We have two teachers that switch off: Hermano Adams & Hermana Thomas. They are both excellent. I feel like I have known the eight others in my district a lot longer than three days.

I really do like learning and being here. I was thinking and I don't remember ever having so many doors opened for me before. :) There are big adjustments, and small adjustments, such as never addressing others as "you guys" simply because they want us to avoid slang.

I can't believe how much I have already learned. Our first full day they taught us to pray in Spanish. We have learned how to introduce ourselves as missionaries and ask questions such as: "Do you know anyone that would like to hear our message?" We have learned how to bear a simple testimony. While learning these, we have focused on the present tense, as well as starting to teach the first lesson in English. It turns out that it's kind of tricky to coordinate with companions. :)

Oh, I think I forgot to mention that both my companions are going to my same mission, as well as two Elders from my district. The other four are going to Bahia Blanca (sp?).

Lisa and Jordan: My district and I have enjoyed the treats you sent me with. I'm about to eat a Reese's here in a few minutes too. Gracias! I get my first gym period here in a couple of hours. Yay!

I guess that's all I have for now. Let's see...Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera y Jose Smith vio a dios y Jesu Cristo. Yo se que Dios es nuestro padre y el nos ama. Yo se que las familias para siempre. I love you all!

Love Always-
Hermana Pincock

P.S. Lisa-isn't this pen writing nice? :)


P.S.S. I thought of a story :) We were practicing our introductions and our teacher told us that we were going to go out and meet people to practice. She lead us out into the hall and invited us to introduce ourselves to the pictures on the wall. At first I felt a little relieved and I thought about how funny it was that we were talking to the pictures. Then I walked down the hall and found myself introducing myself to a picture of Joseph Smith. There I was, somewhat struggling to find the Spanish words, trying to declare the Gospel that he restored to the earth. As I think about it, that's pretty amazing. this is a great and marvelous work.

0 comments: