CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

08.25.2008 (EMAIL and FOTOS!)

Hi Family! How are you all doing? I hope everything is going great for everyone. Well, here it is another preparation day! I can´t believe I have already been here for almost four weeks. Wow.

Well, to answer questions...
There are four missionaries here in Plottier. There are two Elders who have the other half - Elder Decker and Elder Streadbeck. They have more of the ¨city¨half.

Yes, there are small mountains on one side of Plottier. They´re not mountains like at home or in Utah... maybe small mountains or really big hills. :D They´re more red though than at home. Nevertheless, I still love having a type of mountain around.

My area is definitely more urban. Our apartment is on the very edge of the city. The fancier houses, el centro?, are more around my apartment. Then everywhere else is very spread out with lots of fields. Depending on the neighborhood, it takes us from 15-40 minutes to walk from one to the other. Therefore, it´s kindof tricky to plan where to go and when. We have to consider the schedule of the bus, or more recently, we have been doing more walking. It´s good - it´s good for me.

Sunday attendance I think was a little bigger than usual yesterday. There were 45-50 people there I believe. Pretty good! The Bishop is Obispo Velintene, and his counselors are Hermano Rojas and Hermano Higuera. They´re all very nice, and it has been good to get to know them a little bit better.

Hermana Higuera is the Relief Society President, and she is also a friend of Andrea, who is being baptized. She is wonderful.

Yesterday in church it was kindof fun. Hermana Velintene came up to Hermana Celis and I and asked if either of us knew the tune to ¨I feel the Savior´s Love¨ the primary song. I did, so she asked me to go in and teach it to the primary. It was fun. With no piano and my ¨Unschooled¨voice I was a little nervous at first, but it was actually great. Now they know another song! I love music so much. It has been such a blessing to me here.

The temperature has been really great the last couple of days. Saturday, Sunday, and Today we have been walking around in just sweaters. It has been really really nice. I love it! Before it has been a little cooler. And very windy! Kindof like Idaho. :D

We don´t have a designated time or amount of hours for service everyweek. The direction is to kindof just look for opportunities to serve, and then do it when we think it´s a good idea. Hermana Celis helped a sister in the ward with homework one night. The other night we helped Hermana Velintene with her daughter´s dance costume. We made a treat for someone the other day. Things like that.

Mom, will you do me a big favor? I would love the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, as well as the Peanut Butter Candy recipe. I´m pretty sure Hermana Celis needs to try peanut butter candy. :) She made a lemon pie the other day, and it was amazing. I´ll definitely have to make that for you all.

Out of curiousity, has anyone looked up the population for here in Plottier?

We have Stake Conference this next week. There are nine wards in my Stake I believe. Dad, I´ll be interested to hear about your stake conference. Do you know what you´re speaking on yet?

How fun that you got to go rafting/kayaking! I was surprised that Lisa wasn´t there. She must of had to work... It sounded very fun, and I´m sure The Ricks family absolutely loved it.

Well, about Andrea... Andres went to get their papers for their wedding the next day, and the Civil Records place was closed because they´re protesting! Can you believe it? The date is now tomorrow. So everyone cross your fingers and pray that all will go well with that. Even though Stake Conference is this Sunday, and she won´t be able to be confirmed for a week, we are hoping she can still be baptized either on Friday or Sunday evening. We need to talk to the mission leaders to verify.

Dad, you mentioned the importance of the area book. Hermana Celis has passed that responsibility on to me since I got here. It´s good to learn, and it´s good Spanish practice as well. I can see how missionaries let it slip, because it´s a lot of work every night. However, I also feel like it´s very important. Without the area book I have no idea how new missionaries would know what was going on in an area.

I got my first letters from Mom and AK last week! Thank you!

Ryan, Happy Birthday this next week! 31?? I hope you do something very fun to celebrate. Date night!

I wrote a letter last week with a drawing of my apartment. It´s not very fancy if you can imagine, but you should be able to get a rough idea. My good little apartment. :)

I was reading in 2 NeFI :D today and I really enjoyed it. Nefi is talking about the scriptures, and how is soul delights in reading the scriptures. I really do love the scriptures so much. It´s hard to express. They always bring me comfort and peace, no matter what is happening in my life. Later in the chapter he talks about how he shouldn´t slacken his strength because of his afflictions. As hard as it is, I know that´s true. We just need to remember to rely on our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ - We need to ¨know in whom we have trusted¨.

Okay, I´m going to send this first and then try to attach some pictures. I´m not sure what I´m doing so we´ll see. But, I love you all and love hearing from you. The Church is True, and Jesus Christ is the head of this church - leading it and directing it through a modern day prophet. Families are Forever!

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

Buenos Aires Temple


Hermana Celis and Jana on the first day in the Mission Home


Family Home Evening with Familia Higuera-Andrea is on the right with her little girl, Carla.


Rocio's baptism with members of the ward and Rocio's mom, Rita

A wall of Jana's 1st missionary apartment

0 comments: