CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

07.25.2008

(E-MAIL)
07.25.2008-Hola :D

Hola Mi Familia!Como estan? Lisa and Jordan, Happy Anniversary! Wow, how time flies... five years already! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary, and I'm sure you will.

Thanks for all the continued letters, emails, and support overall. It is very much appreciated.

Mom, thank you for the cookies. They were so delicious! My companions and a few elders from my district got to enjoy them as well. :D

Well, it was fun to talk to Mom and Dad for a couple of minutes yesterday! I know it was just short and sweet (5 minutes :D) but it was still good to hear your voices. I was glad when I found out I would get another chance to call when I only caught the answering machine the first time. So that's the update on the VISA. It should be hear 1-3 weeks from the original date of July 28. It'll be good for me - more practice! We're actually going to start on lesson three too, so that should be great. Three Elders from my district are leaving because their visa's are probably a ways off. One to Maryland, and two to Boise. So Shari and Orrin, if you see an Elder Harper or Palmer, you should definitely say hello. :D

Oh Shari, question for you... were the McKay's one of your mission president's? Here's the story... we got two knew roommates on Wednesday - Sister Haight and Sister McKay- and they're headed to temple square. I mentioned that my sister had been a visitor center sister in Independence. So Sister McKay said that here grandparents were the mission president and wife, about five years ago. That name sounds so familiar, but I couldn't remember for sure.

Mom and Dad, how was Girl's Camp? I just love girl's camp! Mom, how is your ear doing?

Ryan, Hello! How are you?

AK , I was surprised to hear that Matt quit. And you worked a ton this week! Nyah has some kind of a car? It sounds like she's doing well. I like that she's saying "mamen", and that she loves the water just like her Dad. Also, as far as hard pictures go... I love the last one you sent of Nyah with a popcorn bowl on her head. Other than that, whatever you think. :D

Aaron at Lake Powell - fun! I hope he enjoys it. :D

Shari, I hope you get to know the other people in your complex better. It's always fun to get to know more people. I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well. I hope you start getting better soon!

Lisa and Jordan, Hallie is so cute! She's waving, and army crawling?!? Wow. Pretty amazing. Tell her thank you for the hello, and tell her hi and that I love her. :D

Well, things here are going well. I was excited this morning that the temple is open again. Yay! Also, here's a reference center experience for you all. Hermano Edwards committed all of us to making a Spanish phone call. So I got in there Monday, feeling pretty nervous. I had Hermano Adams listening in - I'm not sure how that works - so he could help me out if I needed it. I called several people only for no answer. But I kept calling... and finally, somebody answered! It was good. I pretty much just read the script, but he understood me, we got the movie in the mail. So I feel pretty good about it. I think I'll try it out again this next week. I've got to learn sometime right?

Mom, I wish I would've said something more to you on the phone in Spanish. Next time I guess. :D

Well tonight is our last official teaching appointment unless plans change. I hope all goes well.I hope everyone is doing great. I love you all!Con Mucho Amor,Hermana Jana Pincock

(LETTER)
Hola Mi Familia!

Como estan? Well here is is, another preparation day! I hope you are all having a wonderfl Viernes tambien :) Mom, AK, Ryan and Nyah, I just got your letters and read them. Thank you! AK, now I understand what car you were talking about of Nyah's. Fun! Thanks for the pictures too. Adorable!

(Sentence cut out)

I can't believe about A Becky's finger. Ouch! that is really, really awful. How is she healing by now? Tell her I'll pray for her.

I'm trying to think about what else is new here. Here's something funny...when my companions and I were just walking out the door Hna. Schwab had to go back in for something. When she came back out Hna. Schafer jumped out at here and scared her about half to death. Hna. Schwab screamed. It was funny. :)

I learned how to play four square the other day. Good times! It was funny becauseHna. Schafer and I were the only Hermanas and all the Elders were afraid to get us out. I wasn't sure how to fell about it, because I knew the Elder's were going easy on me. :) It was bery fun.

I can't believe how fast the weeks go by here. Already time for another teaching appointment. For "the task" before the lesson we need some medical/health vocabulary. We're going to share a personal experience and then ask for a referral. For the personal experience I'm comparing the scriptures and continuing revelation to the rope in the middle of the raft-they keep us safe. :)

I've been think about asking for referrals. In the past I have always been hesitant to give referrals to just any missionary-I'm trusting them with my friends! I've been thinking about how to gain the trust of the members. If anyone has any thoughts or input, send it my way.

Thanks again for everything and I love you all!

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

P.S. Has anyone seen or talked to Jami? How's she doing?

0 comments: