CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

07.11.2008

(E-MAIL)
07.11.2008-Hola! :D

Hola Mi Familia! Como estamos? Thank you for all your letters and emails. They are always very fun to read and this way I still feel like I'm involved in everything. It's wonderful.

Shari, I'm excited you're giving a lesson on missionary work! I was trying to think yesterday about my thoughts... and I really don't know where to begin! I would just really encourage everyone to read "Predicad Mi Evangelio". I really believe that Preach My Gospel is inspired. It teaches such a broad range of things. Ways you can be a better companion, the basic doctrines in such a simple way, the importance of the Book of Mormon and how it answers the "questions of the soul", how to teach more effectively. It's just amazing.

Another thing, I have never realized until now how many stories in the Book of Mormon are about missionaries, and missionary work in general. It turns out, that missionary work has never been easy for anybody! But it's all part of the plan.

Also, a speaker talked to us about how God will give us missionary opportunities if we seek them. He will put peoople in our path's if he knows that we will open our mouths. He won't put someone in my path if there's only a 50/50 chance that I'll talk to them. That really opened my eyes when I was told that.This is just a wonderful work. I love it. I learn so much everyday. It may not be easy for people to talk to neighbors, friends... but in the long run I really believe that it is rewarding.

AK and Ryan, thank you so much for all the music! I'm so amazed how much music is on there.

My companions and I are absolutely loving it. I was happy to find Jami's voice on there :D. It was fun to hear a familiar voice. I know that took a lot of time. Gracias!

It sounds like you all had a wonderful 4th of July. It kind of hit me that I won't be celebrating the 4th quite the same way next year. Pretty crazy. The day was pretty much the same until we had a "fireside" at 8ish. We actually played patriotic songs with chimes! It was pretty neat - just like our chimes at home. However, there were 50 sets of chimes - 20 chimes in each set - playing this time. Quite a few chimes huh?

Afterwards we got to watch the fireworks. We were fairly close since they're put off out of the BYU Stadium I believe, but there were no ashes. :D We were all out past normal though, and it was actually kind of weird. :o)

Dad and Aaron, that was quite the bike ride after the picnic. 23 Miles! It sounds very fun though.

Yes, we have three teaching opportunities every week. Two with the zone, and one with the official teaching appointment. It went pretty well last week. Sometimes I wish I could express myself better, but then I have to remind myself, that I'm speaking a different language! All in good time.

Tonight is our last time teaching the 1st lesson in Spanish.I will write more today. I think I'm going to mail a couple pictures so you can see what my companions and district look like.

Dad, tell Brett "hi" for me! I'm sure he was a great missionary.Hope all is well and I hope to hear from you all soon! :D

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

(LETTER)
Hola Mi Familia!

Como estamos? I forgot to mention in the emial, but it sounds like everyone is going strong exercising! Bikes, Boating, Hiking in the future, Shari still with Grest and I love that Shari and Orrin are playing tennis. Very fun- with the sweatband and sunglasses and everything. :)

So in response to questions: I feel like the language is coming along. We learned the last tense yesterday-Wow! It's funny, In lessons I want to say one thing, but sometimes it takes a second to think of a way I know how to sa it. At night my companions and I read the B of M out loud in Spanish. We take turns reading verses, and then we translate it. I feel like I've progressed a lot doing this. Even though the scriptures are manily in a different tense-or not tense-form than I will be speakin in, I definitely think it will help.

I met with the Spanish tutor the other day I was telling him I feel like I need practice hearing Spanish. He showed me how I can listen to general conference in Spanish and read it at the same time. I'm looking forward to doing that. Hopefully that will help a little for when i get to Argentina-which isn't far away!

The threeseome is going well. I learn a lot from them. Here's a story...we give Hna Schwab a hard time because occasionally she talks in her sleep. So the other night I woke up and realized that Hna Schwab was talking. At first I thought she was awake, but then realized she definitely wasn't. It just took me a second to realize that she was bearing her testimony about the Restoration. It wasn't just a testimony, buta very powerful and strong testimony! It was pretty amazing to me. We really do eat, and SLEEP missionary work here. Hna Schafer is very humble and she's trying to be the best missionary she can. She's really studying the bible right now. I never did hear what happened to my companion. It's a mystery.

Gymnasio is still good. We have it in the day, so I'm just trying to keep myself hydraged. No 5:00 am runs here! I have been doing lunges between laps for the last little while. Hna Schafer usually runds on her own so she can memorize scriptures off flash cards, etc...Hna Schwab and I usually run together. Lately we try to teach the lesson in Spanish as we run-or quote scriptures in Spanish. We as a district memorized James 1:5 and 3 Nephi 5:13 en espanol esta semana. I really love 3 Nephi 5:13.

this week at the Referal Center a woman called wondering what we could send her to help her understand revelation. She is taking missionary discussions and her Mom was asking her questions she didn't know the answers to. She already has the B of M and Bible, so I was at a loss for what to send her. So, I just asked if I could read some scriptures with her. We read Amos 3:7 and D & C 1:38 about Prophets. Then we talked a little bit about the Holy Ghost in Galations 5:22-23. Later it came out that her son had passed away many years before. It was neat to be able to testify of a living prophet and how families can be forever-all because of Jesus Christ.

I also listened to a really amanzing talk by Elder Holland last Sunday. It was a re-broadcast from a time he had been here before. He compared the missionary life to that of an apostle-that missions should change our lives forever. We should never go home and go back to "normal" again. I hope I always remember the lessons I have already learned.

Mom, it sounds like you're really enjoying your bike. I'm so glad! Also, I hear you got up water skiing, way to go! Are you still going to Weight Watchers every week? That was a shock to hear about Dave and Vonnel Rapp's grandson. That is so sad. I hope they're all doing well.

Is there anyway I can get Susan Lamont's address?

Thank you for everything. I love you all!

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

P.S. Nyah, thank you for the picture! I love it!

P.S.S. AK, a package? I would absolutley love anything. I can't hink of anything specific. I need a couple small things but I can get them with a discount at the bookstore. But really, don't feel like you have to. Love you lots and thanks for everything!

P.S.S.S. does anyone knw how to get a hold of the peom "The Touch of the Master's Hand"?

0 comments: