CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

06.20.2008 and 06.27.2008

(E-MAIL)
06.27.2008- (Uno Otro Semana!)

Hola! Como estan? Thanks for everyone's letters and support. I SO SO appreciate it. Aaron, I got the thermals and they're perfect. Thank you! Also, I got the relay shirt - I was so surprised! I was even more surprised to see my name on the back. Thanks, that meant a lot. I liked all the names that you came up with as well. Jordan, the muffin stump? ;) Anyway, I think I have the best family in the whole world.

It sounds like everything is busy for everyone, but that things are well. Mom, I can't believe you already finished my winter hat! You're fast! Thank you so much - I'm excited to see it.

From what I have heard so far, it sounds like everyone survived the relay okay. :D I'm excited to hear more.

Things here are going well. This last week was the Mission President's Seminar, so there have been a lot of general authorities walking around. That has been fun. Last Sunday Sister Cheryl Lant, the Primary General President, spoke to us. She's actually here quite a bit because her husband is one of the Branch Presidents. Anyway, Tuesday night Elder Hales spoke to us. Also up on the stand were: Jeffrey R. Holland, Richard G. Scott, L. Tom Perry, and D. Todd Christofferson. Neat huh? Elder Hales spoke on the Atonement, and it was really good.
A new Mission President and his wife came into our class twice. They're from Brazil, and they're headed to Brazil. The first time they observed us teaching part of the second lesson. We were all a little nervous at first, but it turned out well. They were very genuine and sincere, and they had some good input.

I read Doctrine and Covenants Section 138 and really enjoyed it. I had forgotten a lot of the things that are in there. I highly recommend it. :D

Other than this, things are pretty much the same. Again, thanks for all the letters and for all you do. Oh, this is the Missionary Purpose in Espanol: Nuestro objectivo es: Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo a fin de que reciban el evangelio restaurado mediante la fe in Jesucristo y su Expiacion, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepcion del don del espiritu santo, y el perseverar hasta el fin.

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

(06.20.2008-LETTER)
Hola Familia!

Como esta? Isn't this paper fun? thank you so much! So I just found out yesterday that there is another place to email, other than the laundry room! So I have already emailed and I have since gotten letters from AK and Mom.

Mom, it sounds like things are going well. Enrichment sounded fun! I also loved the quote by Pres. Eyring. We do live in a "blessed time"! Thanks for the stickers! They are very cute and fun.
AK, Ryan and Nyah, I got your letter with the family pictures. We're so cute! It was fun to show my companions my cute family. I'm glad we were able to get those pictures taken.

Mom, you asked about when the Branch Presidency wives come, they all come separately, but on the same night every week. It has been good to get to know them. They also come for Relief Society on Sunday Morning.

Hermana Schwab definitely reminds me of Shari. I absolutley love it. She's very smiley and great. I love it.

Well, I think that's about everything I have. Talk to you all soon!

Con Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

P.S. We did initiatories this morning. Neat!

(E-MAIL)
06.20.2008-Hola Mi Familia!

Hi Family! How are you all doing? Mom, Happy Birthday! I enjoyed everyone's email that I got today. Mom and Dad, I got the stationary, with mom's letter too. Thank you! That's pretty fancy shmancy! I'm pretty sure that officially makes me a missionary. :D
Mom, I couldn't believe everything that happened with California. What an adventure! I was sad to hear how sick aunt Sheila was. I'm glad everyone made it home safe. You were definitely all in my prayers in your travels.

Well here's a little bit about my week. Our teaching appt. went well last week. We taught a great "older" lady. Very nice. We have another appt tonight. It will be our first time teaching the second lesson.

Saturday went well. I wasn't feeling very well most of the day, so at gym I pretty much just sat there in the shade. I started getting weaker and weaker... until I really wasn't feeling well around 7 and 7:30. It was weird. I was just dizzy, weak, feverish, and had a headache. I wanted to just stick around for the rest of the night, but soon found it probably wasn't for the best. My companions and district "strongly recommended" that we go back to the room where I could sleep. They took care of me that night, and since then I haven't had it quite that bad. I've had a cold, but I'm even pretty much over that now. So that's a huge blessing. :D

Oh, I had an awesome experience at the Referral Center on Monday. My district was there for like an hour and a half. I had talked to like 2 people in the first hour, and every other number had been busy, or no answer. It's hard to call, and get up the guts, so to keep getting busy signals, etc... was kind of discouraging. So I was trying to keep optimistic, and just have faith that someone would answer the phone.

So a lady, about 50-55 I believe, from Louisiana, answered her phone! I asked to see if they had received their "Lamb of God" video, and she explained to me how much she and her husband loved it, and had watched it several times, because they love how it makes them feel. Then she said they've watched "The Restoration" video several times, and absolutely loved it. Her husband has been meeting with the missionaries, but she hasn't yet because she has been at work. They haven't gone to work yet.

It was so fun to talk to her. She was teaching me! She said that she has been praying to know if it's true, and she committed to continue doing so. And to really try to go to church. I read her Moroni 7:13 about recognizing the Spirit. It was interesting because we had just been talking about scriptures that talk about the Spirit in class a couple days before. Anyway, I hope that helped.

She asked where I'm from, and if I am in Utah, and was wondering if African Americans are members of our church - because that's what they are. It was so neat. I just assured her that the church is spreading all over the world - because we're all God's children - no matter our race or background! I told her that I am headed to Argentina to teach the people there. She was so happy. And it made me happy! It really was neat that ideas came into my head of things that I could say to her. It is true that if you open your mouth, Heavenly Father will fill it.

Dad, I couldn't believe your story about the handcarts. How sad! I'm glad that something good came of it. Lucky for good and willing ward members to help out in situations like that.

Shari, I'm so excited that Dawna and Joe have a baby! How exciting! Tell them congratulations.

AK, I got letter from last week with the pictures. Thank you! It was very fun to see pictures of Nyah. I'm so sad that she was sick! At least she herself wasn't affected by it too much.

As far as the big adjustments go... I think the biggest adjustment has been being someone (two someone's) all day every day. But it is a blessing too. It has just been a big change!

Mom, Happy Birthday again! Have some good dessert! Also, I hope that the relay is going GREAT right now. I'm praying for you all. I hope you are all enjoying your time together. :D

Lisa and Jordan, I'll keep Gordon in my prayers. I'm grateful for how much he has already been blessed. And also, that craps me up about Hallie having a high-pitched squeal. How funny.

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

0 comments: