CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

06.06.2008

06.06.2008-Hello :0) (E-MAIL)
Hi Family! How are you all doing! So it turns out that I get to write emails while I'm doing my laundry. I am only allowed to write to family, but I think anyone can email me. If that's not right, I'll let you know. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to email every week. I will be able to as long as a computer opens up.

So how is everyone doing? I am so grateful for all the letters that I have received from the family. AK, I got the letter with the "Standard of Truth" today. I really enjoy that quote, so thank you! I think I want to memorize that.

Every Tuesday and Sunday there is a big devotional with all the missionaries. After one of the devotionals they had us sing "We'll Bring the World His Truth". One of the closing lines is normally, "We will be the Lord's missionaries" and they changed it to, "We are now the Lord's Missionaries" and it kind of hit me. Wow. I really am a missionary!

I have already written you a letter because I didn't know if I would get the chance to email you. So you'll be getting that in a couple of days. Things are going well here. I love walking around the MTC and hearing a variety of languages. Often when we're walking around someone will ask us if they can testify to us - for practice. It's nice to hear that so often.

I hope everyone is doing great. I love you all!

Love Always,
Hermana Jana Pincock

(LETTER)
Hi Family-

I just got back from my first time at the Provo Temple and really enjoyed it. We even ate in the cafeteria, so that was delicious of course.

I was so happy to get a package from AK, Ryan and Nyah. And my companions and I have thoroughly enjoyed the brownies. And then I was very excited to get letters from Mom, AK, and Lisa. Thank you!

So in answer to your questions...My routine is different every day. Monday is different than Tuesday for example, but every Monday has the same general schedule from here on out. So every week is the same-Tuesdays are the same, Wednesdays are the same, etc... I really like how things are done though. We always start at 7:00 and have a 1/2 hour of Missionary Directed Time (MDT). We can study anything we choose. Everyday (M-F and Sat) we have about three hrs with each of our two teachers. They teach Spanish, Gospel principles, and they also help with teaching. We have gym for 50 minutes five days a week. Both my companions like running so we have gone outside and that has been nice. We can run together or alone, so it's nice to have that option.

AK, it was raining yesterday so we went inside. I thought of you as I had the opportunity to run 35 laps. Good Times! :)

At the end of the night (at 9:00) we plan for (a 1/2 hr) the next day and make personal and companionship goals. It has been a good thing.

The rest of the day is spent in language study, personal study, and companionship study. We have at least one hr of each. That has been nice because it gives me a chance to "digest" everything I'm learning.

Last sunday was a little different because it was fast Sunday, but here's a basic idea: we have Relief Society with all the sisters. A little later we have a meeting with our little district and then later we have Sacrament meeting with our branch (3 districts). Everything is in Spanish there so it's neat. We are the only sisters for now. Last week I had the opportunity to play the piano in Sacrament Meeting Luckily I wasn't too nervous. :) I am loving the spanish "himnos".

Later at night there's always a devotional and they show classic church movies. That should be fun. But I'll definitely miss the Crystalite and popcorn/ice cream that usually comes with a movie. :) So that's that!

I haven't come across anything I wish I had. My companions were very impressed with how much I fit in two bags. I credited all the help when we "community" packed.

Classes are going well. There is a lot to learn, but it's good. Mom, I think I am getting more sleep than all of you! Some nights when I go to bed I'm not tired-what a different concept! :) However, if that's when I need to turn off the lights, that's what I'll do.

I loved hearing about everything that is happening with you. Umpiring, plane rides, family chats, making bracelets, church...everything! I'm glad you all were able to go to Creighton's reception. And now some of you are in California! I hope that Lacey's wedding goes/went well and I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Lisa and Jordan, I'm so glad Hallie is feeling better! It broke my heart to see her coughing. Poor little thing! I'm glad that her cute little smile is back. And Hallie, I'm glad you're giving Aaron a chance. He's a pretty good person to have around. :)

Thanks so much for everything! In the 1st lesson we get to testify of the importance of families. I have no problem assuring them that family is the best thing in the world. I don't know what I would do without you. Love you!

Love Always-
Hermana Jana Pincock

0 comments: