CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

07.18.2008

(E-MAIL)
07.18.2008-Hola Otra Vez!

Hola Mi Familia!I think I have a little more time to write now. :D
I'm doing my laundry... and writing.

The temple this morning was great. We haven't been able to go for the last two preparation days since it's closed, so it was really nice to go today. We actually got to put together chandeliers for the halls. They are so beautiful! I had never thought about how people actually need to put chandeliers together. There were about 7-10 ish in the hall that we were in. So pretty! One of the men that was showing us how to put them together said that each chandelier cost about $2700 dollars. Wow. We were sure to be very careful. We cleaned off every little crystal with vinegar before hanging them up. And I got to talk to a sister - I'm guessing she's about 25 years old - for a couple hours too. That was really fun.

AK and Ryan, thanks for the cinnamon rolls and Reese's! I was very surprised and they were delicious. Thank you!

Mom, thank you for the hat! It fits perfect, and I'm sure I'll send pictures with me wearing it. Also, thanks for the list of all those you donated for the mission. I don't know a couple of people on the list. Who are: Bonnie Jeanne Reed, Mark and Renee Neider, and Joshua Jacobson? Anything specific I should know before writing them a thank you note? It's pretty amazing that people are willing to donate money for my mission, when they don't even know me. I want to be like that.It sounds like everyone at home is doing well. S

hari, thanks for the poem. I do love that poem. :D I'll have to figure it out in Spanish. Maybe with the help of teachers or my trainer or something. We shall see. :DD

ad, I couldn't believe it when I heard that you did 33 interviews. Wow. That's alot. Also, I was surprised/sad to hear about Wayne Hess. I didn't know him well, but I sure enjoyed hearing him play the Organ. Very powerful. I hope his family is doing okay. Also, good luck with your talk. I hope it goes well for you. Also, how was the parade?

Lisa and Jordan, I was happy to hear about Hallie's crib - and her sleep! Good girl! It's fun that you went to visit Shari and Orrin, and Dawna, Joe, and Owen. Sounds like a fun trip.

Lots of boating! It sounds like your all professionals. No broken ribs or anything like last year. Okay? :D

I'm trying to think about what is new here. Pretty much the same I think. We still haven't heard anything about visas . . . so keep praying. I know you do anyway, and I really appreciate that. It gets me a lot of strength and comfort.I have REALLY been trying to speak Spanish ALL of the time. It has been good for me. Often times I just don't talk as much because I don't know how to say it in Spanish, but I think it's helping to make myself do it. I think Heavenly Father will recognize my effort and bless me for it.I love you all so much.

Gracias por todas las cosas. Estoy muy agredecida por mi familia y mis amigas.

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

(E-MAIL)
07.18.2008-Hola!

Hola Mi Familia! This is going to be pretty quick and short because I only have a couple of minutes right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on during laundry in a couple of minutes.
If not though, you'll at least know that you'll be getting a letter!

Thank you so much for the cinnamon rolls, winter hat, and the thank you notes that I can write on. I will write more thank you notes as much as I can. I was very humbled to see everyone's generosity. Thank you so much!

And of course for the letters and emails. I haven't read your emails yet, I just printed them out so I can take them with me.

I just got back from cleaning the temple for four hours, and it was a great expererience. But now the schedule is a little crazy. I'll write more about that later. Have a wonderful day and know that I love you all very much.

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

(LETTER)
Hola Familia!

Como estamos? Mom, I laughed when I read about you and Dad playing cards and then threatening to throw them at eachother. That's great.

Also, I was surprised that shane, Mallory and Brinley went boating with you all. How fun! I hope they're doing great as well. Fun too that there were two mission farewells. I'm afraid I don't think I wold recognize either one of them I have seen a couple others though, so that has been fun. I don't remember his first name, but there's a Carlson here-Jessica's little brother? A couple from Logan too. Small world.

Just the barber/hair salon trimmed my hair. They did well. Missionaries aren't actually allowed to cut each other's hair. Interesting. I had no idea before!

And the Bells are home? Where did they serve again? so are Angie and her husband leaving the ward now?

I love that Nyah is folding her arms to pray. Very cute.

The teaching ppointments are going pretty well. Last week was a lttle tricky. Our teachers always emphasize not to worry about our grammar during the teaching appt. However, one of our investigators is/was a sister from Bolivia and has only been in the states for about 3 months. She was correcting our grammar throughout the entire lesson. Luckily Heavenly Father helped me and I was okay with the correction. But it did add another dimension to the experience. I really did still enjoy teaching.

Tonight we're teaching the Plan of Salvation and the Word of Wisdom. I really want to focus on making the teaching more personal. I want people to recognize why they as an individual, need the Gospel of Jesus Christ. How is it going to really make a difference in their lives?

I'm looking forward to teaching the Word of Wisdom as well. The more i hear about others and their experiences with the Word of Widsom (Palabra de Sabichuria), the more I recognize how important it is. The Word of Wisodm really is for our benefit-our freedom, Our Happiness!

The church is true. Thanks for your examples, faith, and love. :)

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Jana Pincock

P.S. 17!!! People from my zone left this week. wow. My district is no the "old" district. Time flies!

P.S.S. Mary Ellen Edmunds came and spoke to us on Sunday and I absolutley LOVED it. I needed a good laugh. She is just great and I was able to learn much. I wish you all could have been there to hear it as well.

0 comments: