CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

06.13.2008

(LETTER)
Hola mi Familia!

How are you doing? I hope all is well! I'm not suer if I'll have time to write much back throgh email because we are only allowed a 1/2 hour on the computer so I think I'll thry and write the bulk of what si happening it this letter. We'll se how this all work out. :)

Thanks for the letters Dad and Shari! They were very fun. Things here are going well. This morning at the temple we did sealings, and that was very neat. AI absolutley love class. both my teachers are amazing. Hermana Thomas is actually leaving to do study abroad in Jerusalem in a couple of weeks, so it'll be sad to have her go.

My spanish classes are going well too. So far we've learned the present, preterite, and future tenses. The the praying and testifying too. We have an appt. at the Teacher Evalutation Center every Friday where we meet with volunteers from the community who pretend to be our investigators. it's kind of like a test. :)

Last Friday we introduced ourselves in Spanish and basically asked if we could share our massage with them. We did that twice. Then we taught a newly married couple the 1st lesson--The message of the Restoration. That went very wll- it seemed pretty real!

Tonight we need to introduce ourselves in Spanish again and then ask them questions to get to know them. Then we're gong to teach the 1st lesson again, but this week they have concerns about prophets, the need for them, and Joseph Smith Specifically. I hope we'll be able to remember what we've learned and teach clearly. Oh, we have about 30-35 minutest to teach.

The best thing I've eaten? Well, there's an ice cream bar very Wednesday and Sunday! They also have great fruit- Fresh strawberried and pineapple every day. Mmm...Mmm...Good! Sometimes I have cereal, but sometimes I branch out and have other things. I have bagels, fresh fruit, and of course chocolate mile, quite a bit.

I believe my branch president if from Provo. A new counselor was just called. Every wife in the branch presidency comes and visits us once a week, when we get back to our room for the night.

Mostly during gym I run, do lunges, or crunches. I played kickball for the last two days and that was definitely fun.

I think my favorite part of the M.T.C. so far is the singing. Twice a day we sing a spanish hymn before beginning class. I love that even though I don't understanda ll the words, I still fell the same. My companions and I are also in the choir. My first choir experience! For the Tuesday night devotional we sang "How Great Thou Art", and it was incredible. It made me think of Grandma Stephenson as I sang it. And I LOVE when the whole M.T.C. sings together. it is so powerful with all the Elders singing.

We met with the Consul from Argentina yesterday and he filled us in a little bit on what to expect. It was very interesting. On Tuesday we all got fingerprinted and signed a couple of papers to work toward getting our Visas.

We got two new roommates-Sister Ewing and Sister Halliday. They will be serving in Richmond, Virginia.

The amount of time I spend in class and personal study differs each day. I'll give yesterday for an example: 6 hrs of class-3 in the morning and 3 at night. 50 minutes at gym. 1 hr language study, 1/2 hr MDT (missionary directed time), 1 hr personal study, and 1 hr companion study. The rest eating, changing, and sleeping. :)

Shari, I'm glad that you went to the doctor, and that he/she is trying to help you feel better. I'll continue praying that you feel well. I loved hearing about Collin and Nolan playing T-Ball. Very, very fun.

Dad, what an adventure withe the handcart trek! That is amazing that it got that cold, wet, and muddy. I'm glad you had four wheelers, and that everyone was able to get home safe. I read about part of it to my companions and they were amazed. Hermana Schwab expressed how she never had the opportunity to go, and she wishes she had. I'm anxious to hear how the rest turned out.

Well, the big race day is nearing! I am SO, SO, EXCITED for all of you, and wish so much that I was there to run too. But I think this is where I should be. I know everyone has worked hard, and you are all going to do awesome. I'll pray that everyone's knees, ankles, and everything else will feel good. Enjoy eachother, be safe, and have an absolute blast.

I Love you all-
Hermana Jana Pincock

P.S. I love the scripture Moroni 7:13. It helps me recognce one way I feel the Spirit.

(E-MAIL)

06.13.2008-Hello Again!

Hi Family! How are you all doing? I just got emails from all mi hermanos (???), and it is so good to hear from you! This email thing is very fun. Because I am only allowed a 1/2 hour on the computer, I have decided to write a letter in addition, because I don't know that I would have the time to read and write everything I would like in that 1/2 hour.

I think having a mix of emails and letters is a great idea. However, I know that it's definitely easier to email than write, so whatever is great with me. :D

Shari, thanks for that quote by Pres. Kimball. I love it! I'm going to write it down in my notebook so I can share it with my companions, and probably with my whole district.

AK, the stories about Nyah cracked me up. She certainly knows what she wants! Baths and swinging... both very good things! I'm glad that Ashlee is back. Hopefully that gives you a little bit of a break.

Aaron, have you been able to go boating yet? I hope you are all taking good advantage of that. Good, fun times!

I got Aaron's email with the pictures, but I am not able to look at the pictures. The computer won't allow it. Will you send me a hard copy sometime when you get the chance? I would love to see a family picture - We're pretty good looking!

Lisa and Jordan, thanks for the email. Jordan, I had to laugh as I read your little section. You do continue to crack me up.

Lisa, how is work going? Is it getting any better or is it still REALLY demanding?

Mom, Happy Birthday next week! Dad, Happy Father's Day here pretty quick! I hope that you both have a great day.

The MTC is still going well. We got ten new Elders on Wednesday so it'll be good to meet them. Spanish is going pretty well. I try to say as many things as I can in Spanish, and kindof talk "Spanglish". It's kind of fun when the first word that comes to my mind is a Spanish word. Very neat! I wrote in the letter today that you will get later this week, that we have learned the present, preterite, and future tenses. I need to work on getting the irregular preterite verbs down. I'm definitely enjoying learning it all though.

I am teaching Lesson Two - The Plan of Salvation - the first time this next Monday in Zone Teach. Tonight is my last night to officially teach lesson one in English. I'll do lesson two for a couple of weeks in English, and then onto teaching in Spanish! Wow.

I'm so excited for the relay for all of you! I know that you will all do awesome. And you will all be in my prayers! I better go because I have three minutes left! I love you all. Thanks for the continued love and support!

Love Always,
Hermana Jana Pincock

0 comments: